ArcelorMittal helps build a better world with smarter steels. Steels made using innovative processes which are more efficient, use less energy, and emit significantly less carbon. Steels that are cleaner, stronger and reusable. Steels for electric vehicles and renewable energy infrastructure that will support societies as they transform through this century.
ArcelorMittal aimed to reinforce its brand presence and engage two diverse target audiences: the automotive industry (body designers, engineers, and procurement professionals) and local communities around its plants (jobseekers and neighborhoods). Putting ArcelorMittal people at the center of the brand narrative provided a unique perspective not typically seen in the industry.
By participating in industry trade events and publications, ArcelorMittal showcased its expertise and offerings to automotive professionals, establishing its presence as a reliable steel provider.
Programmatic and Re-targeting:
Leveraging digital marketing, the campaign employed programmatic ads for precise audience targeting and re-targeting to maintain engagement.
ArcelorMittal used various social media platforms to disseminate industry insights, company updates, and community engagement efforts.
Strategic sponsorships with the Big 10 helped strengthen the brand's connection with local communities and potential recruits.
For the local community, geo-targeted ads were employed to promote job opportunities and engage residents living near ArcelorMittal plants.
Billboards strategically placed near plant locations served as a visible reminder of the company's commitment to its communities.
Regional radio spots promoted career opportunities and community involvement, enhancing brand visibility.
• Enhanced industry reputation and customer engagement.
• Increased community awareness, job applications, and goodwill towards ArcelorMittal.
• +12% increase in clicks to the landing page, with over 17,000 clicks to the campaign landing page, representing an almost 25% YOY CTR increase.
• Top traffic to the Global Automotive site came from Toronto and Detroit, correlating with the auto show retargeting ads.
• 4.8 million total industry impressions during the campaign.
• Auto-specific media delivered over 850,000 impressions with visitors spending over 1 minute on the page.
• LinkedIn ads stood out with a solid 2.43% engagement rate, performing exceptionally across all outlets.
ArcelorMittal's diverse and integrated marketing strategies effectively strengthened its brand presence within the automotive industry and fostered positive relationships with the local communities near its plants. The campaign's success lies in its ability to cater to the unique needs and interests of both audiences while reinforcing the company's commitment to quality and community engagement.